UK Marriage or Spouse visa

UK marriage visa or spouse visa  is a type of settlement visa which allows married partners of UK citizens to immigrate to the UK. 

This Visa allows to live in the UK for up to 30 months and can be extended. This visa can then lead to Permanent Settlement  (ILR). 

Our dedicated Immigration Advisers are more than happy to discus your immigration needs.


Spouse Visa Eligibility

To qualify for a UK marriage or spouse visa you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
  • You must have met each other and be legally married - this is to prevent arranged marriages.
  • You must intend to live together permanently.
  • You can financially support yourself and your dependants without claiming public funds.
  • You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependents.
  • You must satisfy that you have a good knowledge of English

Your personalised immigration lawyer/adviser is responsible to deliver you the best advice on your visa and immigration plans. 

You are welcome to contact them at any time if you have a query about your case and they will assist you accordingly. 


Spouse Visa Entitlement

UK Spouse visa entitles holders  

  • You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.
  • After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay.

You’re always invited to our office, to begin with an in-person visa and immigration consultation. Here we will answer your questions and listen to your circumstances and needs in detail. Based on our years of experience, we will guide you through our accurate predictions of potential success which will allow you to make a wise decision.


When you can settle permanently

 The earliest you can apply to settle in the UK (called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) is after you’ve lived in the country for 5 years continuously with permission to stay (‘leave to remain’) as a partner. You cannot count any permission to stay in the UK as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.

It’s our oath to our clients and a commandment we follow in our organisation, everything you tell us and all documentation related to visa and immigration provided is treated in the strictest confidence.